Build your career with an industry leader! C2 Imaging has an exciting opportunity for a Prepress Technician. Be part of the team that provides comprehensive graphic solutions to Fortune 500 companies.
We offer the ideal candidate an opportunity to grow and evolve their careers while working in a fun, fast paced and dynamic environment. Our international network of companies allows members of our team to build relationships with and provide marketing and printing solutions to some of the largest and most recognized brands in the world. With us, you can make a difference.
C2 Imaging is part of the Vomela family of companies and is one of the largest and fastest growing marketing specialty companies in North America. With over 20 locations and more than 1,300 employees, Vomela utilizes the latest in technology to manage, produce, and distribute corporate marketing programs and collateral, retail in-store signage (POS/POP), store décor, tradeshow and event programs and transportation and fleet graphics.
• Preflight files and identify problems. The goal is to assure that we have print ready files. You will check for fonts, resolution, file size, mode, etc.
• Able to work in a manufacturing production environment.
• Able to work with complicated layouts.
• Understand paneling of files to create large murals.
• Understand color theory and have a strong eye for color.
• Profile files to the specifications of each press that it will be running to.
• Able to design and layout requests from the customer.
• Minimum of 3 years in prepress working in a digital printing environment
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience with industry standard software applications
• Thorough knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Quark, HP Smart-stream Designer, and preflight software.
• Strong file troubleshooting skills and variable data experience required. Must be able to preflight and analyze client files, identify problems and fix before they reach press.
• HP Indigo digital printing experience preferred, digital printing experience preferred.
PC experience is a must.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment with speed and quality as a priority.
• Ability to communicate effectively with sales, client service and production staff.
• Eagerness to learn new applications and technology as they arise.
1st or 2nd Shift